Peanut Butter Cookies
Page 88 Granny Bob's Homestyle Cooking
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Beat shortening and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer; add sugar.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Gradually add beaten egg.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Chill for one hour.
- Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts and placed on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten then make a criss-cross pattern with the tines of the fork.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown