A classic recipe for the upcoming holidays from Granny Bob's Homestyle Cooking cookbook.
Ribbon Christmas Cake
Page 77 from Granny Bob's Homestyle Cooking
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 small package red gelatin (0.3 oz)
- 1 small package green gelatin (0.3 oz)
- 1 box graham crackers (14 oz)
- 1 tub whipped dairy topping (8 oz)
- Mix 1 cup applesauce with red gelatin and 1 cup applesauce with green gelatin.
- Line up 4 graham crackers together so they form a tightly packed rectangle.
- Spread red applesauce mixture on crackers until 1/8 inch thick.
- Cover with 4 new graham crackers then spread green applesauce mixture on these crackers.
- Repeat alternating red and green until desired height.
- Cover top and sides with whipped topping. Chill until ready to serve.